Structure fire destroys home

This morning, 11/29/2016, at approximately 9:16; Stayton Fire was dispatched to a residential structure fire. When fire crews arrived the house was completely engulfed in flames. Both occupants of the house were able to get out but sadly, several of their dogs were not. The house has been deemed a total loss. Currently the Red Cross is assisting the residents with food and lodging. A heat lamp next to curtains appears to be the cause of the fire. Units from Stayton, Turner, Aumsville, Sublimity and Jefferson responded to the fire.


printer friendly version Printer friendly version